Snow Covered Pinecones

Kimmi

We are wanting to try our hand at making some wax dipped pinecones for gifts this Christmas. But before I can get started I need to determine how much wax I will need. I would like to use the Cargill C3 soy wax. Can anyone help me determine how to calculate how much wax I will need? Thank you.

Kimmi

Yes dip twice.I didn't and it just looked like a plain pine cone.That extra dip I am sure will make it coated.(hey this is something I learned the hard way).Just answered another post.

Not this year but next I might get back into this.I will have to collect my cones earlier or buy on-line.This year I am into Christmas crocks,mugs and other holiday jars so it is kinda late for me to add 1 more thing.My hands are full now.

Kimmi Thank You for the tip on cooling temp.I probably would have just dipped right away.Might be the other reason why my last ones were not coated.Just sorta a light wax coat. So next time I will dip twice and wait till wax cools.

LynnS

Thank you all for all of your help. Now I have some place to start. Turns out we will be making a trip near my wax distributor so I will get to save all that shipping!!!!! Thanks again for your input...I can't wait to try them.

Kimmi