wicking question

The wicks are going to be the end of me! lol Okay, I have some 4 oz apothecary jars that are 2 1/4" in diameter and I use Pure Soy. I went to candlescience's web page and their wick guide suggested an LX16. In searhinc the LX16 I found it is for 3-4" diameter jars. Are they suggesting a larger wick due to the wax? I didn't know if my wax would need a bigger or not. I just wanted to play around with these jars and see how they would do.

Thanks!

Stephanie

According to them, the wick recommendations at candlescience are adjusted to deal with the wax you use. So accordingly, the sizes of wicks are way larger when using soy than regular wax. I haven't actually used their exact recommendations, so I have no experience with them, but I have used a LX-14 wicks with my V-1 votives, and it's not bad. I personally think that a LX-16 would probably be close to right for that size, but a 14 might work too. Heck, I've used 18's in votives and it worked... Like you said, order a few different ones and try.