Fresh Linen, wax turning gray

I'd appriciate any thoughts on this. I've noticed that when I use Fresh Linen from NG (in parasoy) with no color, that as it burns, the wax takes on this dirty gray color about 1/4 down. I suppose it's soot or something, but this is the only FO tht I've had this problem with. I can't wick down any more, and I love this scent. Others that I leave uncolored don't do this. I use 6% Fo, I could try lower it to see if that helps. Any thoughts?

Do you use dye in that FO? I'm wondering if I use an ivory dye for the Fresh Linen if it might at least hide the grey color a little. Or maybe that fo from a different supplier wouldn't have this issue? I really love this one but it's ugly enough that I need to fix it. Can't sell it this way.

I have used purple and light pink dye chips with the Sweet Pea but this is in IGI 1286 wax. I should've clarified that it doesn't turn my wax gray but it turns the wax like a white or off white colour (almost like the dye has burned off the wax).