Natrasorb?

idacandlelady

Are there different types of this. I've researched and found some sites that call for it in lotions/ whipped butters, but the place where I got mine only lists it's use in powders and bath bombs and such. Since this is tapioca starch can it be used like dri-flo or cornstarch? After researching I am more unsure and confused than before. Thanks

Rebecca

Natrasorb is an ultra fine powder used mainly for dispersing bath oils a/k/a blooming bath oils; wheat starch a/k/a tapioca starch--known by 2 names but they are identical-- is a bit heavier in texture which is used to combat greasiness. You can use regular corn starch but I prefer Natrasorb. I ALWAYS sift any type of powder even Natrasorb because it mixes better. In my experience wheat/tapioca starch seems to clump together no matter how many times I sift it.

forgot to mention--start with a small amount depending on how much product you are making. For 16 oz., I start with 1/2 teaspoon & test the mixture to feel how it has incorporated; if you still feel it is greasy, sift another 1/4 tsp, test again until it feels right. I would not add more than 1 full teaspoon unless you are using very heavy oils/butters. The important thing is to sift it on top of the mixture & "hand blend" before you start whipping otherwise the powder will fly all over.