Please Help

i use 100% soy.I'm trying to wick a 16oz. mason jar using orange chiffon cake.(its a thick fo) I have tried 14.5oz. soy, 1 1/2oz. fo and HTP 1312, 16oz. soy and 1oz. fo and HTP 1312, and 16oz. soy 1 1/2oz. fo and HTP 1212. None of them burn all the way side to side and they are about 1/8 - 1/4 deep. I burn them for about 3 hours at a time unless the jar gets hots. What else should I do?

Have burned each one ALL the way down? Is this a regular mason jar or a wide mouth mason jar? HTPs are self trimming wicks and will curl to one side creating some hang-up on the side the wick curls away from. You have to burn your candle all the way down to see if that hang-up will catch up. Never judge a burn until you have burned the candle all the way down. Unless, you can tell for absolutely sure the wick is not right. But with self trimming wicks, alot of times it take burning the whole candle to tell.

I would suggest to keep burning it then. You might get a clean burn. Is this a regular mason jar or widemouth? If it is a regular jar, the 1212 should eventually clean up that jar up. 1312 are torches and are probably too big - I haven't burned that FO so that is just a guess on my part. I use the widemouth and can wick most FOs with a 1212 - even some of the heavier ones but there are ones I can't wick in this jar.