Label size for 6oz tin

I'm going to be making some candles using 6oz tins for family gifts. I haven't received the tins yet. I ordered them from Peaks and the width size is stated as "2.8". I want to put some pretty labels on the lids and can't decide which would look best....a "2.25" circle or a "2.5" circle. What size would you use and is there a trick to effectively centering these labels onto the lid?

TIA

:cheesy2:

I use the 2 1/2" labels (Avery 5294) on my 6 oz tins. With this size there isn't much of a issue for postioning. Just place the sticker on the raised portion of the lid. Don't know if all tims are the same but the raised area of my lids measure 2 1/2".

For the side of the tin I use a 2 5/8 x 1" label (Avery 5160) just in case you need that info too.

Thanks, Braveheart :cheesy2: I think the larger one would look best and wanted to make sure it fits. As for centering....would you recommend the Avery "White Removable/Repositionable" labels (just in case I don't get it centered right the first time)? Opinions please.

TIA

Tiz, don't get the repositionable. They will come off when you don't want them to. I have centered over 40,000 2 1/2" circle labels on 6 oz tins and you can do it. Just hold the label over the top and position it right over the center. Once you do a few, it will get easy. See, I can be nice. Carole