Hot throw ?

Does anyone notice a big difference with the hot throw between single and double wicked containers?

I am using a 10 oz apoth with double wicks 36-24-Z (just testing 1286 wax right now) and going by the burn time calculator on here I will get approx. 20 hrs burn time.:shocked2: Needless to say I want longer burn time then that so I am going to try single wicking (didn't have much luck before when I tried but will try again). I am also waiting to get some 4786 to test for burn time with double wick and also going to try single wicking with it too. (I am also going to manually time how long it burns to see if there is much difference).

Just when you think you have something going good......:mad: ! (I had good scent throw, clean burn)

Yes, I have gotten better scent throw double wicking, as opposed to single wicking, a larger container. Although a single wick may cut it, it may also take quite a long time to get a full melt pool, thus having to wait that much longer to get your throw. There are few wicks, depending on the type of wax you use, that you can use alone that will give you the results you are looking for, that's why I always double wick anything 3.25" in diameter or larger, especially when it comes to square containers.