Superfat Percentage

Carol M

I made a boo boo:embarasse I usually superfat at 6%, but today calculated my recipe at a 4% superfat. I intended to add an ounce of melted shea butter after the cook, which would have pushed my s/f percentage up to about 6.5% (40 oz batch). Well, I forgot to add it.:tongue2: So now I'm stuck with a lower than normal superfat percentage, and may end up having to rebatch it. Has anyone else superfatted at this low a percentage, and, if so, how did it turn out? Was it noticeably more drying than usual?

Well, it does have 2 oz of goats milk, so that may help a little. I just had too many things going on at the end:rolleyes2, and with hp, you have to work quickly. After the cook, I stirred in the gm, fragrance, salt for hardness, and just plain forgot the shea butter. Be nice if it's a keeper, though. I scented it Brunch in the Hamptons and, anticipating some discoloration from the gm, I left the base to turn tan and did a swirl colored with cocoa powder. I'm anxious for it to firm up enough to cut, but I"m hoping for the best.