Marble Pillar Question

Hi All,

I have made a few pillars (chunk and marble) and came they have come out nice. I am about to make another marble one right now and was re-reading the instructions I had printed off from the column to the left of this message board.

At the end of the instructions it say's to poke the relief holes (which I have been doing) but it say's nothing about repouring. I have been repouring because the relief holes ARE VERY NOTICEABLE and I assume they need to be filled in.

Also I noticed that my 16 oz round pillars (seamless aluminum) burn wonderfully but one of my taller ones (round 23 oz) had a tunnel. The wick seemed to burn fine but it tunneled. (I am using IGI 4625 and the wick is #1/0 Flat Braid - suggested wick on the "molds" page at Peak).

Thanks for any input :)

Hi All,

I have made a few pillars (chunk and marble) and came they have come out nice. I am about to make another marble one right now and was re-reading the instructions I had printed off from the column to the left of this message board.

At the end of the instructions it say's to poke the relief holes (which I have been doing) but it say's nothing about repouring. I have been repouring because the relief holes ARE VERY NOTICEABLE and I assume they need to be filled in.

Also I noticed that my 16 oz round pillars (seamless aluminum) burn wonderfully but one of my taller ones (round 23 oz) had a tunnel. The wick seemed to burn fine but it tunneled. (I am using IGI 4625 and the wick is #1/0 Flat Braid - suggested wick on the "molds" page at Peak).

Thanks for any input :)

I wonder if you may have had an air pocket in the candle. If your relief holes are too narrow they may clog up during the repour, rather than filling in fully. I make my relief holes about the diameter of a pencil or a little larger. HTH

Janette

I have been using drinking straws to make the relief holes. I guess air must have been in the candle still, even after poking those holes, to have made the tunneling. I'll see how the ones turn out that I made yesterday, hoping all is well with them. (And WOW!! I poured one with Peak's "Wild Mountain Honey" ( a sample with my last order) and it is SUPER strong and gives off such a SCENT! I would never have thought to buy that fragrance but I am going to now.