Is this possible?

OK, here's what I did: strawberry kiwi from NG in ecosoya cd advanced. Melted and added oil as usual, then seperated the wax. Colored some deep pink and a little green. Poured the pink then added the green on top later. The person who tested it for me said excellent scent throw at the beginning, from the green part then once the green was burned out, nothing from the pink. This perplexes me, since the wax/oil combo was IDENTICAL until the color was added. Dye blocks from the Candle Source, if that matters. Can the color have that much effect?

was this all from the same burn session? I'm wondering if she had gotten used to the scent and didn't smell it any longer. ;) maybe get her to re-light it?

Yes, this is psycologial. Like the customers that would pick up a blue votive that I custom make for a customer with vanilla oil... the other customers would pick it up, smell it, and say, "Ah...Blueberry, my favorite".

If you know the blend is right... you're good. :)

I once poured Cosmopolitan fragrance candles, and before my wife showed me the error of my ways, I poured some in a green color. Later after my education was completed, I poured some more in cranberry color. Same wax, same FO mix, same jars & wicks. People at the craft show that weekend liked the smell of the green better than the cranberry.

Go figure!