Question on wedding cake FO

I've been playing around with wedding cake fo from soycandle.com. I'm using PureSoy and pouring in the clamshells. Anyway, with the clamshell completely open, it has more of a chemical/perfumey smell. If you barely open it, you get the smell of a white cake that is awesome! I am currently making more adding less FO than the first time I made them. I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with the chemical/perfumey smell. The first time I accidentally added about 1.25 oz to 1 lb of wax. My second batch is at about 0.75 oz of fo per lb and the 3rd batch is 0.5 oz of fo to 1 lb of wax. I would really like to have that white cake scent back but can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to add that I'm adding the fo at 140 degrees, stirring for a few minutes and then pouring.

Steph

I really don't know for sure if this makes a difference Steph but I now shake every bottle of fragrance oil before I pour it out to measure it. I did not do that a couple of times and it seemed like the scent wasn't as it should be - maybe it was my imagination but just in case it wasn't - I now shake every bottle before I use it.:shocked2:

It's funny you should mention that, because I do that every time to my fragrance before measuring! lol Anyway, I added at a lower temp and it still has a perfume smell. Honestly, it could just be my nose. I don't know. I'm gonna send them to my testers and see what they say. Thanks, though!

Stephanie