Butters and Oils

blueisland

Hi everyone,

Could someone explain how the different butters and oils work. I see all of these recipes for body butters ect and I can't figure out how to figure out percents. I want to just play around with a small recipe for a body butter or whip for myself . I have shea unrefined , cocoa prime pressed natural, mango, candelilla wax (cosmetic grade) soy butter , and some oils. Is it 60% butters 40 % oils? I'm just clueless as you can tell. Any enlightment will be very appreciated.

thanks in advance

amy

Here is a link that might help you out as far as any questions you may have. If you do a shearch of body butter you will come up with a lot of great threads on it. As far as the oils you use and the butters that depends on what you want to use. I like doing mine with shea butter, avocado oil, jojoba, and olive oil. But everyone has different oils they like to use. There is a lot of info in the threads if you do a search as to what others like to use.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20635&highlight=whipped+body+butter