Scent not strong enough

I don't know what is wrong but my candles are not strong enough. I used 1 oz. FO to 1 lbs wax...The FO I got is from Gelluminations the only scents I have tried is Green Tea and Cucumber and Almond Orange Oatmeal...The wax is 4627 and the wicks are 5" 51-32-18's they are going into a 8oz jelly jar. They look good but just don't smell as strong as they should...What am I doing wrong?

How long are they sitting in your jars before you burn and even though I've not tried those particular scents, they sound like they would be ultra light anyway.

The green tea and cucumber is a light scent and have been in the jars for a couple of weeks the other one is a pretty strong orange scent and has only been in the jars for a couple of days...

you may end up trying lots of different fragrances before you settle on ones that the throw is good for you.....Certain fragrances just don't seem to work good for everyone. I would go to the fragrance section and read some back posts to see what people are recommending - but remember just because it works good for them doesn't mean it will work well for you. And some fragrances just smell different to different people.Have you asked someone else to smell? Sometimes we just smell 'too' much and end up with 'candle nose'!HTH

Thank you... Yes I have ask people at work to smell them and everyone says they are not strong enough...It was the almond orange and oatmeal one that I took to work...So you don't think it is the FO but just the scent itself? I didn't know if there was a real difference where you got it or not...The place I got mine says 100% pure, uncut oils so I guessed they were good oils but didn't know for sure...

you may end up trying lots of different fragrances before you settle on ones that the throw is good for you.....Certain fragrances just don't seem to work good for everyone. I would go to the fragrance section and read some back posts to see what people are recommending - but remember just because it works good for them doesn't mean it will work well for you. And some fragrances just smell different to different people.Have you asked someone else to smell? Sometimes we just smell 'too' much and end up with 'candle nose'!HTH

they all say 'pure, uncut, yada yada'.....there are different fo's that seem to be stronger than others. Peaks usually has some pretty nice fragrances as do lots of others....I would recommend beginning with Peaks and then moving on to try others (if necessary) after you find a couple you like. Try the sample pack....I can't think of a fragrance of Peaks that I have disappointed with. (no I don't work for peaks...lol) I shop at lots of different places for fragrances but it took me a couple of years to figure out what is good and what is just cheap!Debbie

Thank you...I was just looking at Peaks as it seems a lot of people like them here so think I will get at least a couple from them and see if they really are better than the ones I already have...

they all say 'pure, uncut, yada yada'.....there are different fo's that seem to be stronger than others. Peaks usually has some pretty nice fragrances as do lots of others....I would recommend beginning with Peaks and then moving on to try others (if necessary) after you find a couple you like. Try the sample pack....I can't think of a fragrance of Peaks that I have disappointed with. (no I don't work for peaks...lol) I shop at lots of different places for fragrances but it took me a couple of years to figure out what is good and what is just cheap!Debbie

Guest amynleebishop
Thank you...I was just looking at Peaks as it seems a lot of people like them here so think I will get at least a couple from them and see if they really are better than the ones I already have...

If you want a scent that will knock your socks off and will fill your home, try the baked apple pie and pumpkin pie from www.candlesandsupplies.com

Besides the home sweet home these are my biggest sellers1:yay: