Anyone try an oven HP with a Castille? Mine is in oven now.

Ilona

Hiya!

I just did my FIRST oven HP this afternoon and it came out so amazing.

I will post pics soon as I am shocked at how nice they look. I cut them this afternoon and no huge air bubbles, no problems...Just JOY!

BUT

I have my 2nd batch of the day, a castille (miller's Newbie Castille Recipe) that has been in the oven for 45 min now on 170 and is just starting to get to the cookie batter stage. At this rate it will take 2 hours to finish. I just upped the temp to 180 to see if that helps. I zap tested it and got a little zap so I know it is still not done, will it begin? hmm?

Anyone have experience with castille or high OO% soaps taking longer to gel in HP? CPHP? or Oven? I'm interested to know as I followed the recipe perfectly.

I'll just wait and see what happens.

But I am thrilled with my other batch, it was a lard, coconut, olive mix and was done in 40 min from start to finish. Zapp tested and all. Was the easiest batch of ho soap I've ever made. Beats 1 hour of stirring. :)

Thanks all!

ilona

OK so after about 1 hour the castille gelled and came together perfectly.

Whew!

Guess it takes a bit longer, that's it.

I used wax paper to smoothe the tops and it did not stick to the soap at all. Looks very nice, not at all rough.

I'll get pics up when they are cut.

Ilona :)