700 Series Wicks

I did a search and there doesn't seem to have been much discussion about these wicks lately. Anyone using them? Loving them? Hating them? With what wax and what size container? I've had my pack of samples since way back and haven't tried them yet. Just curious for reviews from those who've used/are using them.

Gretchen

I'm testing some now with CB Advance in a 3 inch container. I'm getting good results with various FOs using wicks around the 765 size. They seem to be a very consistent and predictable wick.

My only gripe is that when you come to trim them, or snip a mushroom off (yes, I get small shrooms, but I don't mind), the burnt wick seems very hard and brittle. Occasionally it has snapped off quite low down as soon as I've touched it. This may be more to do with my wax or FO, I don't know. It's not a great problem, they catch up again after a couple of burns.

This is one wick that I'm looking at very seriously. The pricing is good too, plus you can get them clipped to any length.

Boyd

I just got samples of them and put them in wax...so far I like them...they seem to soot less...at least for me....then the RRD's and they have a smaller flame then the CD's. Because of the types of jars that I'm using I have been using in the 790 range all the way up to 799. I found that this was better then DW which was making my jars way too hot to handle. Mr. Chips...what type of jars are you using...how do you like working with the CB Advanced...I was using that then switched to CB135...found I got better scent throw and still a nice looking candle. Oh ...I do have one issue...I can't tell when I look at the wick which direction it will lean...so when I do DW I want them to lean into the center to keep the heat from the sides of my jars. HTH:wink2:

I like the CB Advance. It shrinks ever so slightly when it cools and pulls away from the container, so I get no wet spots. I'm using 3 inch diameter tumbler glasses.

I don't seem to have a problem with scent throw, but I've not really compared it to CB135. I have had a couple of comments that some scents are too strong ! Can't win them all !!

I agree with you on the curling with the 700's. They look perfectly uniform. No telling which way they're gonna go...

Boyd

I like them for votives and tealights and pillars. But metal tins they mushroom way to much. I have tried adjusting with every size and the tin must be warming up too quick or not enough. To me they don't put off as much throw as the other wicks.

I do like them but it is tough for a small-fry chandler like me to buy 1000 at a time. I do like that they don't afterglow as much as HTPs, and I like the wide range of sizes to fine tune the burn. If you can get beyond buying 1000 at a time, they are pretty economical, I just bought 1000 795s and with shipping they work out to ab $3.75 per 100.

I have 300 to sell for those who need some 795s but only need a few, or if you want to try some out. Check out in the Classifieds for my post.

Maybe if we get enough CTers using them, we could set up a co-op.

geek