Rebatch or M&P?

tx_bckrsn

I am having a dilemma… after my 3rd heart attack my doctor will not let me soap for a while. I will get my pacemaker/defib next week and can resume rebatching or M&P (which I have never done) because I have many commitments to finish. Would it be an ethical problem to find a Texas Soapmaker and buy basic soap to rebatch into my creations or should I just go melt and pour? I would prefer to rebatch and make it my own. Does this make sense? Thanks, Donna

I'm really sorry to hear about you having "3" heart attacks and everything you'll have to go thru!!

I don't understand why the dr. won't let you soap for awhile? I've never done rebatching (yet), but I do know that you can make some really nice M&P soaps!

I've seen some really inviting M&P soaps in the Gallery, and I'm sure you can make them "your own"?

Can you explain why the dr. won't let you soap, but it's ok to rebatch? I'm clueless. :sad2:

Hope you get to feeling better real soon!!

Hugs,

Steph in tx

He felt me being on my feet more with the process wouldn't be good for me. I have no artery disease and went into heart failure suddenly. He knows it is a safe process but concerned I might get a whiff of something. I think I might try some M&P, Do you know a great Texas supplier?

Thanks,

Donna

Hey Donna,

You'd better take care of yourself! Greenleaf Candle Supply seems to have a lot of different types of M&P Bases. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't bought any in a while. I've only used just the plain white bases and/or clear.

When you get to making some, post pictures! I'm sure you can make these your own!! ;)

Steph in tx

Donna, I'm sorry to hear about your heart problems. I'll be crossing my fingers that the pacemaker/defib does the trick for you. :)

I don't think it's unethical to rebatch other people's soap. Many home-based soap companies buy their soap wholesale from soapmakers here and just label it as their own. Contact some TX soapmakers and let them know what you want to do. I'm sure there will be some who'd be glad to sell you loaves of their soap for you to rebatch.

I know that unethical behavior is dealt with quick and swift here so I knew I could ask. I believe the surgeon heard 'lye' and felt it was too risky, I don't but I am listening to him anyhow. I will be fine, I am getting stronger every day!!

I am missing my soap tho! Ha

Hugs