Eco Soya pillar/votive wax - what's with the smell?

Hi. I'm new at all this and I just made my first tarts this weekend with the Eco Soya pillar/votive wax. It was nice to work with, but I wasn't happy with the scent of the finished product. I think the wax has a nasty smell to it and I could still smell this over the FO in the finished product. Do all waxes have a strong smell to them? If so, what do you do about it? Thanks.:shocked2:

Well, I also use the EcoSoya PB for my tarts/votives. I havent noticed this smell. Is this something you notice when heating the wax? I have gotten an odor when I have heated it too hot, but it goes right away. If it's extreme to where you cant smell your FO's, I think I would have to call my supplier and see what they say, as this isnt a "normal" property of this wax, at least not in my experiance anyway.

ETA: How much FO are you useing? I use on average 6% which is 1 oz. FO pp of wax. On my tarts I use a little more, depending on the oil.

It has a strong smell before melting. I don't know if this is normal or not. It's the first wax I tried. I used 1oz. pp. Maybe I should give the supplier a call tomorrow. I didn't think wax would have much of smell, if any before melting and scenting it.