need some help

malaki

hello i joined candletech back in 05 and been making candles,room sprays smelly jelly jars air freashners . my ? is i was thinking of turning my hobby into a small business but im only now going to sell the room sprays and smelly jelly jars so do i need to get insurance for those 2 products. also when you chose you business name do you have to go though some kind of paper work to see if anybody else in your area has that name and do i need to get a tax id # if its going to be small business like to sell to the people at my husbands job. i know i need one if i was 2 do craft shows so if i was 2 go that route where would i get 1. any help would be great. thanks

You will need to register your business with your state and they can tell you what all you need to do in your state and if the name has already been registered in your state. Check to make sure your business name has not been trademarked. I don't have that website on this computer so maybe someone will have it and chime in. As for insurance, check around your area. I started off by calling smaller insurance companies since they sometimes are more open to insuring a B&B business. I did however end up going with the same company I have for homeowners and car since the rate was so much better. Once you get into the craft shows, you will get listing sent to you for other craft shows in your area. Good luck.

Edited to add: The dog in your avatar is just adorable. Is it a pit? My brother raises pits and they can be such nice dogs. Too bad they have the bad reputation.

yes thats my oldest pit malaki shes 13 i also have another female eve shes 9. they are my babys. they are the nicest dogs atleast mine are i have them very well trained . they are 2 huge lap dogs. thanks for saying a nice thing about pits really tics me off when people turn away from them any say are they mean do they bite. i feel like saying no but i bet your dog does. sorry to ramble on:cheesy2:

Some of the nicest dogs I've known have been pits. The landlord to my work building has a pit also. He is such a love. He comes to my office for treats all the time. I threaten my landlord that I am going to steal him and take him home. LOL

well thanks again for saying that you made my day. thats 2 funny about stealing him maybe he can work out something where you get him on weekends lol.:cheesy2: also i still need to know if i need insurance just selling room sprays and air freashners. thanks