Newbie here..

Kay

I am looking at these pics & WOW.i have alot to learn. These are beautiful!! How long did it take for some of you to learn this & should I expect to have this an expensive hobby because right now thats all I want out of it. I want to be more creative & doing this seems like it might be fun..Wal-mart is going to miss me in their Candle section..lol I'll never be this good though. I'm making my first container candles tomorrow. Maybe I'll post it here if I can figure out how to & if it turns out ok...I dont want to look like a fool & with these very nice candles..i will.

I have been at this for about 30 days give or take acouple..I have made, correction, tried to make a pillar candle out of a mold that a friend gave me to just test. Alittle harder then I guessed! I know how to make tarts!!! Thats a start, right???

Well, I hope you guys can help me & hope to have lots of fun trying.

KAY

Guest amynleebishop
I am looking at these pics & WOW.i have alot to learn. These are beautiful!! How long did it take for some of you to learn this & should I expect to have this an expensive hobby because right now thats all I want out of it. I want to be more creative & doing this seems like it might be fun..Wal-mart is going to miss me in their Candle section..lol I'll never be this good though. I'm making my first container candles tomorrow. Maybe I'll post it here if I can figure out how to & if it turns out ok...I dont want to look like a fool & with these very nice candles..i will.

I have been at this for about 30 days give or take acouple..I have made, correction, tried to make a pillar candle out of a mold that a friend gave me to just test. Alittle harder then I guessed! I know how to make tarts!!! Thats a start, right???

Well, I hope you guys can help me & hope to have lots of fun trying.

KAY

Welcome Kay to the site!!!! I have been making candles for 10 yrs and I have learned soooooo much in the first week of joining this site. The people here are full of so much knowledge and their willingness to help you succeed is awesome.

The only suggestion I can make to you is not to buy anymore supplies from Walmart other than a Presto Pot and a heat gun. Their stuff is strictly for the hobbiest. Good Luck and Have Fun!!!:D