Hello! New w/question!

brydean

Hello all!

I'm so new at this I haven't even made soap yet! :rolleyes2

Actual I've done MP for awhile, but now I am ready to try CP and HP. I plan on starting this weekend. I have a question about some oil I have though.I needed some olive oil, and realized after I got home I had gotten an oil blend! I have since gotten some regular olive oil, but I hate to waste the other bottle. It is 85% sunflower oil and 15% olive oil. I don't know how to calculate this. Any help for a newbie would be much appreciated!

TIA :yay:

Brydean

Thank you all for your help! I'm glad to know that I can use it, now it just means I can make more soap!:D

I'm going too start with HP in a crockpot. I've read the directions over and over,hopefully it works! I liked the fact that HP was safer to handle right away. I don't have alot of storage space for curing that is out of the reach of inquisitive little fingers. I did stash my lye on a high shelf in the garage. But, I'm afraid that it might be too damp out there in the winter for the soap itself. I hope to do it on Sun. when dh is off work, to give me a hand if I need it. I will let you all know how it turns out!

Thanks!!:yay: