Website....what next?

itsybitsy

Hi everyone! I am new here, but have been making candles for 7 years. I recently decided to go online with my candles, but am not sure how to do so. I have read on here that you need a domain name, so I went to godaddy.com and purchased my name. Then I found a host, but I need a site for the host to host!

Where can I find a very inexpensive (if not free) website maker. I would like to try to do it myself with the help of my teenage son (to do the HTML).

All help is appreciated.

Itsy

Go daddy actually can host your site and include a site builder in the monthly cost. You will be able to build your own site and do all the updates. If you dont want to build your own, they have some sitebuilder refferals on their site, just look under "Hosting and Servers", click on Sitebuilders.

Or you looking for a store or just static pages? I do my own hosting so can't really advise on that part. But if looking for a store you can always install OSCommerce or something like that which is free. A little know how is needed though. Best of luck.

I use fourbucks.net, and love them to death. I have never had any problems with them, or with my site. They have osCommerce, Zen Cart, and Cube Cart ready for you to add to your site. (Zen Cart is my favorite.) My site is www.reedycreekdesigns.com (it's offline right now cause I am redoing it.) I have an informational site, so I don't have to have a shopping cart. I do run special co-ops in which I do put the zen shopping cart up for. These carts are boxy looking and knowing a little about php and how to change css files will help to change them.

They have so much that comes with their packages. I pay by the year, and I pay around $98.00. You don't have to use their shopping carts, there are other options.

Mal's e-commerce is a free shopping cart that is very easy to use. Your son could easily add this in with html. Sheryls Graphics has 2 free candle websets that she allows to be used by businesses. If your son knows html, I say do it yourself. Will save money, and you won't have to pay anyone to add products, change prices or anything else you need done.

Susan