lawsuits

charmiesonline

I know insurance is important and I am checking into that, but I had a question. At the moment, I just sell jewelry and candles. I am considering getting into B & B, but I am worried that someone is going to sue me over something. Like maybe they use my bath bombs and they have an allergic reaction to it and have to go to the hospital. Then, sue me for it. Does anyone else worry about this? Has a similar occurrence happened to anyone?

I think I would worry about the candles more than B&B - or at least equally. Insurance is a must for selling whether it is candles or bath/body products - there is so much more involved also - does your homeowners insurance cover your supplies if your house were to burn? I have read so much on here about insurance - should be an automatic purchase - before you begin selling.

A person can't sit and worry about the "what if's." That doesn't mean you should not be prepared for something to happen, but things will happen whether you worry about them or not. Just be sure to cover all your bases ... produce the safest product possible, post adequate warning labels, carry a good amount of insurance ... then enjoy what you do.