What happens if...

I'm new here myself, but I had at times burned a candle right after it was solid, and my guess would be that you wouldn't get the full FO, because it hasn't had time to cure a bit. I found that they will burn ok, but not to great of a ht. Just my opinion! :rolleyes2 Dee

the wax melts.....:D but I am not thinking that is really what you want to know. You want to know if it needs to cure? There are many different opinions about how long to cure and if it is really necessary....do a search on curing and you will probably find lots of opinions.....

the wax melts.....:D but I am not thinking that is really what you want to know. You want to know if it needs to cure? There are many different opinions about how long to cure and if it is really necessary....do a search on curing and you will probably find lots of opinions.....

LOL :laugh2:

That was funny. i never thought of looking up curing.

Thanks!

What I've understood and find to be true in my applications is that if a candle can sit for up to 24 hours before igniting it that it allows for the wax to bond better with the additives and the FO in it. For instance, you could compare someday if you wanted burning a candle that sits to a candle just warm out of the mold.

I also think that the candle lasts a little longer if it sits for a bit.