3-wick candlemaking tips

Do you mean you're worried about air pockets in a candle this big? (just want to make sure I understand the question). If so, what I do is just poke about 5-7 holes in various places while the wax is setting up. Then I repour hot. Then the next morning I repour again (I don't poke holes) because the mold is so large that you'll usually have another small sink area and it just looks better/more professional to fill it in.

They are fun to make. I'm going to get on making some rustics with mine this week. I was making cake candles but got tired of whipping wax so I want to try something else. They'll cool, but you can go through a case of wax in a couple of days using these molds - lol!

DanaE

Yeah, I have two of the molds, and I had Stephanie and Rob make specific holders for me. It's just a big piece of metal with 3 holes in the appropriate places, and then 3 rods to go into them. I tape the bottom of the mold up completely.

On one of the molds I use wick holder bars and 3 rods. It's pretty easy to do. I put the rods into the holes, then take the wick holder bars and slide them down the bar until they are laying across the top of the molds. I can move them back and forth slightly to make sure I have the rods straight. I think BCN and WSP sell the wick holder bars.

Steph & Rob make wick centering tools but I don't remember their web address. It changed from the last time I ordered, but you could probably do a google search on wick centering tools and find them. They can literally make wick centering tools for any mold you have. I shipped them a box full of molds (mostly silicone molds) and they made all the tools and then shipped everything back to me. I also use their wick centering 3" tool for my pillars (pillars without holes in the bottom or ones that are flat on the bottom).

DanaE