JS's 70/30 wax

It's here. Wondering if any of you are going to try it out...I'd like to see a comparison to GL's 70/30, which seems very popular and wonderful. I poured some samples of JS's 50/50 last night for the first time, and even with the 50% paraffin in it, I woke up to a couple of frosted candles...but with great cold throw and beautiful tops! Why would a paraffin/soy blend frost? Must have been some super chilly jars I had...I'll try heating my jars in the oven tonight and see how these ones pan out, and possibly pouring a touch hotter. I will say that the tops were wonderful...smooth and opaque...no sinkholes, which was like some type of miracle, since I've been using C-3 Naturewax - sinkhole central.

So, will anyone try the JS 70/30? I'm liking the 50/50...just a bit baffled about the frosting issue. Seems odd with so much paraffin added to it.

I've done some serious testing with JS 50/50 and I really liked it. I never got frosting though - but I tested it this summer and the heat and humidity might have played into that. It colored very nicely and had a great throw. I will definitely try the 70/30 next time I order. It sounds like a good wax. One thing though - her 70/30 is 70% paraffin and the GL 70/30 is 70% soy, so you really can't compare them side by side :)

Oh, I didn't know Becky's wax was 70% paraffin/30% soy...to tell you the truth, I may like that a bit better. I'm actually getting tired of all of the issues I've had with soy. I love my soy candles, and I feel like I've mastered it (as much as it can be mastered, I guess). Yeah, I was surprised about the frosting with the 50/50...I just heat gunned the sides of them a bit earlier, and the frosting problem was solved on those candles. I just poured quite a large candle in Cinnamon Roll w/Van. Frosting, and pre-heated the jar, and poured a bit hotter. I'm hoping this will help. Now that I was in there again pouring, my kitchen is CHILLY!!!! My feet feel like ice cubes. I really do like the cold and hot throw of this wax, though.

I think I am going to try the JS 70/30. The fact that it's more paraffin than soy is more appealing to me at this point.

I also like that there is more paraffin. I've been experimenting with making a few blends of my own. I wanted to add enough soy to combat the evils of paraffin, but I never wanted to go the 100% soy route. So this sounds like a good wax for me to try. I think I'll get a slab and pour some of the 70/30 and 50/50 and test side by side to see how they compare :)

I also like that there is more paraffin. I've been experimenting with making a few blends of my own. I wanted to add enough soy to combat the evils of paraffin, but I never wanted to go the 100% soy route. So this sounds like a good wax for me to try. I think I'll get a slab and pour some of the 70/30 and 50/50 and test side by side to see how they compare :)

When you do, let me know how it goes!