Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

dandelion garden

I made a big batch of candles this weekend scented with Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from CC SE.

Now that they're curing, they just don't smell like ORcookies....and I've bought a ton of pewter cookie jar charms to put on the jars.:undecided:

I'm going to call them "Cookie Jar". But on my label I usually put the scent name and then 2 or 3 of the top scent notes. I sniff a lot of cinnamon, maybe some other bakery spices.....

If you've used this FO, could you share what your sniffer tells you?

TIA

Hmmm, I don't get either of those scents. Rats. That sounds good tho' lol.

I originally did some testers with this scent using a new 1lb bottle of FO. Liked it so I bought another lb from the classies.

That bottle looked older so I used it 1st for this current batch.

Which leads me to question.....how much does age affect scent? I know we should store it carefully & under the right conditions. But can it completely morph it into something so completely different over time?

If you buy a skein of yarn and sit it on a shelf for years it might change. If you buy another skein, different dye lot, it might not match the first perfectly but it won't be completely different.

Which leads me to another question.....How consistent are the CC SE FOs. Or any supplier's FO, for that matter. How often do we find that LotA is different than LotB?