Ideas/Suggestions needed

Ok, I want to make a bundt cake, scented Hot Baked Apple. I'm thinking of making the cake color an ivory/light tan and I want to place slices of apples, raisins, bits of cinnamon sticks, maybe pecan halves and crumbles on the tops and down the sides. Over these I plan to dripple "Butter Cream" scented white wax. Now, what I can't decide on is should I make my apple slices in a natural/ivory color, a darker tan color or should I go with red since everything else, except the raisins will be similar in the same colors? I know, why do I have to be so complicated,,,,LOL

I make bucket candles scented in the Hot Baked Apple Pie and I use natural colored wax and embed tan/med brown apple slices, but on this cake I'm not sure if it would look better if I went with the red slices. Any and all ideas/suggestions would greatly be appreciated. TIA Portia

When I do my grubbie cakes I use a darker brown for the cake and then make the apple slices in a tanish color. Then pour frosting over in a cream clolor or white and use a medium brown for crumbles. Looks more natural than red apple slices.