Should I react on this?

ubure

I've been browsing several message boards because I am of course interested if there are any reviews on my shop.

OK, I did find a very long thread, written by one of my customers. She complained she had ordered some things, then after 8 days without receiving her order she cancelled her order asking me to refund it. Well, it actually took me some weeks to refund her the money - it was my fault in any case, that's clear (whatever reasons there had been).

She is furious about me and the other girls advised her to go to the police etc.

Of course this is extremely bad publicity - should I react on this, and if yes: how?

I feel so ashamed:embarasse

Don't feel bad. We all make mistakes. Maybe you could contact her and offer her a free product or gift certificate for the trouble. Word of mouth can make or break you, so if she's really angry and has a lot of time on her hands, she could possible hurt your business a little. Hope things go well! Stay positive!:wink2:

The best way to respond is to be honest, Just say it was all my fault and I am very sorry

I agree with this. I don't sell anything....so my experience is from elsewhere.

Alot of times, people are happy with an apology and an explanation. Perhaps offer to send her an "apologies" gift....but definately apologize.

A person will tell a friend if they have a good experience..... but they will tell 3 friends of a bad one. I would try to remedy the situation as quick as you can. JMO

HTH

There are a TON of message boards out there that you should never visit because it is just a bunch of crazy ladies with nothing better to do than to get what they can for as little as they can get it & if you don't make them happy, they start trashing you.

My advice? Stay away from boards like that - they just drain you. You really have to get a thick skin to be in this business & put up with some of the nutbars.

Now am I right to say that you refunded her money - you just took a little while to refund it? If that is true, what is she complaining about??

Personally, I wouldn't want her business if she was being like that anyway.

She started her complaint when she didn't have the money yet. I really understand her, but it was also quite hard to read what all the people said about me, even if they have never before heard about me.

You're absolutely right with your advice to stay away from these boards - they are all so cheap there... everybody has to work so hard for their money, but this is ridiculous....

Yesterday was even more weird: I received two orders from women who wrote me separate emails telling me NOT to exchange items if the ordered ones weren't available. One of them told me she had read on another board that I am doing this without notifying customers. ?????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I told her that I would never do such things and if there are items in her parcel she didn't order these are free samples. Can you believe that??

I only know one customer who attacked me because of those free samples (she thought she had to pay, stupid!) and told me they look cheap and crap. And as there were one or two candles that she ordered and that weren't available anymore she decided it was my fault if I couldn't send her the entire order and that she would pay nothing for the things she received....I only could tell her that she will receive mail from my lawyer.

What the hell do people think??? Sometimes I'm really speechless..:shocked2:

It sounds like you've got some work to do. A customer ordered something that is no longer available, so you sent her the remainder of her order and didn't bother to notify her than some items were out of stock? I would be very angry, too.

You are shipping or refunding late, your inventory isn't up to date? You need to go back to the drawing board.

Sorry, but from a customer viewpoint, that's how I would see it.

Personally I think it's bull - they are picking on her obviously. Have you SEEN some of those boards?? My God the wait time on some of those "rave reviews" are 4-6 weeks!!

Smells like a set up to me, but I've been around & know alot of those "customers" by now.

I am glad that you took responsibility and the blame because you are right - it was your fault for not refunding promptly, but my advice is to stay away from places like that. They will only give you heartburn and headaches.

Just do the best you can and make every customer count - be quick, courteous and polite & when things go wrong, take the blame - to the customer it is always OUR fault anyway lol

It sounds like you've got some work to do. A customer ordered something that is no longer available, so you sent her the remainder of her order and didn't bother to notify her than some items were out of stock? I would be very angry, too.

You are shipping or refunding late, your inventory isn't up to date? You need to go back to the drawing board.

Sorry, but from a customer viewpoint, that's how I would see it.

No, that's not the case. I did notify her, but obviously she didn't noticed or didn't want to or whatever... she just complained and thinks she doesn't have to pay anything now.

And no, I am not shipping and refunding late - this happened once, unfortunately.

My inventory: well that's quite difficult, because I have about 1000 different items in my shop (not only candles but also patchwork stuff, cookie cutters, stationery...), and when ths customer ordered there was also a big sale (yeah, I get rid of all my Yank..., Village and other candle stuff - as I make my own now). So I announced in my shop that it is possible that items won't be available at the moment people order, because it's impossible to maintain an up-to-date inventory with so many articles every hour of the day (especially with two little children at home).

However, things are getting better now as I don't have too many candles from other companies left to sell...

Thank you for your honest post, I appreciate this!!:smiley2: