Best FO's so far for Ecosoya Advanced!

Ok...I have been testing, testing and testing trying to find the best FO's for Ecosoya Advanced...AKA "hard to get a scent throw wax" This is what I have come up with so far...

Lavender Apples & Oak....AH

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies....DS

Flannel Sheets...AH

Grasshopper pie...AH

Celtic Moon Spice....AH

Iced Cinnamon Buns...NG

Blueberry Muffins...NG

Pumpkin Crunch Cake...NG

Ocean Mist...NG

Monkey Farts...NG

Hey Hey Cute Cabana Boy...DS

Passionate Kisses...NG

Desire...NG

Black Raspberry Vanilla...NG

Caramel Cinnamon Latte...JS

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch...JS

Strawberry Preserves...AH

7-up Pound Cake...NG

....I'm still testing but will let you keep you posted. ;)

If anyone else has any others that have worked well for them in this wax please feel free to add to this list.

With all due respect...I really don't think the fragrances have anything to do with that wax. I have used that same blend of wax last year religiously and it had the most incredible hot and cold throw. Within the past 5 months, a new batch was distributed and all I had was major frosting, hard to burn fragrances, no hot or cold throw and just an overall terrible experience with the advanced, I basically moved on to a better soy brand because of to many inconsistancies from batch to batch.

hmmm....then maybe that is the same batch that I have been using for the last couple of months because I have found a difference in the scent throw with advanced and other soy waxes. I have had no problems with frosting or wet spots and no craters yet...if you don't mind what wax are you using now!:smiley2:

you can't go wrong w/any of the FO's from CandleScience. I have been using the Advanced for over a year, and loved all their FO's.

Also, you can try FO's from SoyCandle.com- Melissa is great, and they also test all their FO's in soy.

Ihave had some luck, hit or miss, w/the FO's from AH/RE, NG, and JS

HTH

me too :wink2:....what did you get??

and where in S.FLA are you? I live on the Gulf Coast, south of CedarKey

I wanted to try them all but had to have some self control...:tongue2: I got

Cool Citrus Basil

Chardonnay

Carmaleozed Pralines

Apples and Mapple Bourban

Black Currant and Nectarine

White Clover Tea

Sage and Pomegranate

Lemon Chiffon

Hansel and Gretel's House

Cranberry Marmalade

Green Tea and Lemon Grass

Strawberry

Cucumber Melon

I will see how they test and add them to my list above...:smiley2: I just started working with the Advanced...found it to be the best looking soy wax around...but I'm definitly having challenges wicking it and scent throw. What has been your experience with this wax? I live on the East coast of Florida...Palm Beach County, Lake Worth to be exact...I'm not sure where Cedar Key is that in the Keys or are you futher north?

I wanted to try them all but had to have some self control...:tongue2: I got

Cool Citrus Basil

Chardonnay

Carmaleozed Pralines

Apples and Mapple Bourban

Black Currant and Nectarine

White Clover Tea

Sage and Pomegranate

Lemon Chiffon

Hansel and Gretel's House

Cranberry Marmalade

Green Tea and Lemon Grass

Strawberry

Cucumber Melon

I will see how they test and add them to my list above...:smiley2: I just started working with the Advanced...found it to be the best looking soy wax around...but I'm definitly having challenges wicking it and scent throw. What has been your experience with this wax? I live on the East coast of Florida...Palm Beach County, Lake Worth to be exact...I'm not sure where Cedar Key is that in the Keys or are you futher north?

soooo hard to have that self control when it comes to FO's :wink2:

the CranberryMarmalade is absolutely wonderful @ 6%

also luv their CucMelon and GT & LG. I'm not a Pomegranate fan, but it's good too.

Check out CS's wick guide. It's pretty right on!

What kind of jars and wicks are you using?

I am on the west coast, about 1 1/2hrs north of St Pete

I've found some goodies lately that have worked wonderful with Ecosoya Adv.! My ratio is 1 lb to 1 oz.

Candy Corn - Bitter Creek South

Brown Sugar Nutmeg - Bitter Creek South (very strong, use only half as much)

Love Spell - Flickers

All of these are super! I got better than average results with these scents in ecosoya adv. :)

soooo hard to have that self control when it comes to FO's :wink2:

the CranberryMarmalade is absolutely wonderful @ 6%

also luv their CucMelon and GT & LG. I'm not a Pomegranate fan, but it's good too.

Check out CS's wick guide. It's pretty right on!

What kind of jars and wicks are you using?

I am on the west coast, about 1 1/2hrs north of St Pete

I just poured Apples and Maple Bourban today...it's to die for...will see how it burns in a couple of days. As far as jars are concerned I'm still trying to wick a 10oz bulb jar...went to CS's wick guide and it said LX 22 and HTP's tried both and niether worked also tried Eco's...they would burn great first burn then die on the second...since then I have switched to CD's and RRD's per a few suggestions on this board. I find that they are working better but I think I have finally come to the conculsion that it will have to be DW'd :undecided 3.5 inch diameter at the center. I'm also thinking of giving CB135 a try..not really sure of what the differences are. Have you tried anything from Florida Soy Solutions...being that they are so close shipping should be less.

TxGirl....I never heard of Flickers and have not tried any FO's from Bitter Creek.

I just poured Apples and Maple Bourban today...it's to die for...will see how it burns in a couple of days. As far as jars are concerned I'm still trying to wick a 10oz bulb jar...went to CS's wick guide and it said LX 22 and HTP's tried both and niether worked also tried Eco's...they would burn great first burn then die on the second...since then I have switched to CD's and RRD's per a few suggestions on this board. I find that they are working better but I think I have finally come to the conculsion that it will have to be DW'd :undecided 3.5 inch diameter at the center. I'm also thinking of giving CB135 a try..not really sure of what the differences are. Have you tried anything from Florida Soy Solutions...being that they are so close shipping should be less.

TxGirl....I never heard of Flickers and have not tried any FO's from Bitter Creek.

oooh- I can't wait for the Apples+Maple Bourbon then. As far as the wick goes, I would try a bigger LX, or try a CD (not sure what size)

I have been able to single wick a 4" diameter w/a Stabilo (CD) 22, using the GB 464 and an extremely dark FO.

I have not tried anything from FLA SoySolutions- yes, we may save on shipping, but we'll have to pay sales tax. I may email them and ask some questions.

IMO, the CB135 will NOT give you as pretty a candle.

oooh- I can't wait for the Apples+Maple Bourbon then. As far as the wick goes, I would try a bigger LX, or try a CD (not sure what size)

I have been able to single wick a 4" diameter w/a Stabilo (CD) 22, using the GB 464 and an extremely dark FO.

I have not tried anything from FLA SoySolutions- yes, we may save on shipping, but we'll have to pay sales tax. I may email them and ask some questions.

IMO, the CB135 will NOT give you as pretty a candle.

oh...good point about the sales tax...I didn't think of that. Besides they only carry Enchanted-Lites wax which of course I have tried. Burns very nice but lots of craters and frost issues. I was speaking with Dan at CS the other day and he suggested trying the CB 135 with half teaspoon of UV inhibitor pour at 110 degrees and this should take care of frost and crater issues. I don't know if scent throw is any better with this wax but will give it a try. BTW I did try the CD 22 and it burned way too hot...I also tried a CD 14 and it was way too cool so now I'm going for the 18 and 20.:confused: