Palm wax I need help!

Hello out there to all you great and wonderful candle makers! You guy's really make my day!

I have been making soy container candles for about 3 years now, have a decent business going for me, but I am really attracted to those Rustic pillars and also the palm wax pillars. My question here is: I have heard bad things about the plam wax and wicking issues on this board! is it all that bad and what are the issues? My second question: How hard is the Rustic and what kind of wax should I try? I have never made a pillar and have wanted to for a couple of years now....problem is I am so afraid to try! I did order a palm wax candle kit from greenleaf candle supply and can not wait to get it. Pray for me that I can do it! Thanks so much in advance for any reply's that will help boost my confidence!

I'm one of those having a bugger of a time wicking palm pillars. Right now, looks like LX 24's are working the best. It's frustrating because RRD's were the most highly recommended wicks for plam, but I had a blowout every time. Let us know how you make out with your kit.

I have great success with RRD's in Palm. Only time I had a blowout was when my wick was too big. It does make some beautiful pillars, but my problem with it was the fact that my pillars would fade (even with UV) really bad over a period of time. Portia

I'm one of those having a bugger of a time wicking palm pillars. Right now, looks like LX 24's are working the best. It's frustrating because RRD's were the most highly recommended wicks for plam, but I had a blowout every time. Let us know how you make out with your kit.

What do yo umean by blowout? I don't know all the terms yet. DUH! Ya, that's me! I hope I can do this! Thanks for the info...I will keep that wick in mind! I think they are send 2 wicks with this kit..surely they won't lead me astray! har har!

I have great success with RRD's in Palm. Only time I had a blowout was when my wick was too big. It does make some beautiful pillars, but my problem with it was the fact that my pillars would fade (even with UV) really bad over a period of time. Portia

What size RRD? I use the RRD 50 in my containers, but the pillare I am about to attempt are a 3 inch . I have a RRD 37 these are treated NTS2 or something like that. I have used them for years, you would think I would know what they are! har har!

What size RRD? I use the RRD 50 in my containers, but the pillare I am about to attempt are a 3 inch . I have a RRD 37 these are treated NTS2 or something like that. I have used them for years, you would think I would know what they are! har har!

I don't intend to let mine fade, cause I am going to burn that baby down once it's ready! Thanks for letting me know that though! My 100% soy's fade too, no matter! If I keep them too long, I have to re-do them! I tell all my customers NOT to let them sit and look pretty, please burn them within the month and keep them away from strong sunlight and or flourescent lighting.:D

I don't have my notes with me right at the moment, but if I remember correctly I think it was the RRD37 that worked in almost every fragrance that I tested. I would suggest starting with that and working up or down as needed. HTH Portia