Help Please!!! Need soy wax opinions!

Okay...I've seen mention here of an LP416 wax that's been used for tarts and am wondering where I can find this (GB Website)? Would love to have that info. Also, does anybody have any advice, good or bad, on Enchanted Lites Pillar/Votive blend...EcoSoya Pillar Blend or Simply Soy? Would be used for tarts...thanks!

Hi primfolke,

I use the ecosoya pillar for my tarts. Although I love the way it pops right out of the mold, I don't like the concaving I have been experiencing. I tried mixing it 50/50 with pure soy wax, but that doesn't seem to help. I usually use the heat gun on them, but that doesn't always help either. I am looking for another wax too after I use up what I have left. HTH ~Dana

I appreciate the help! I think I'm going to try the Golden Brand 416 first and see how that does for me. I'm new at this and am really excited to try it...I'll post results when I'm done (could be awhile, still have to decide on scents and coloring)! Thanks!

I appreciate the help! I think I'm going to try the Golden Brand 416 first and see how that does for me. I'm new at this and am really excited to try it...I'll post results when I'm done (could be awhile, still have to decide on scents and coloring)! Thanks!

I do think you will be happy with this wax. I just received it yesterday and so far I love it. Makes BEAUTIFUL tarts....and they don't melt in your hands. They don't "smudge" as bad as the ezSoy that I was using.

Now I need to test for hot throw. I am testing 2 scents right now (amber romance type and storm watch type) and they are not throwing as well as I want....but they only cured 24 hours as well. The amber romance is throwing the best.

I am going to make a batch of tarts with a fo that I KNOW throws excellent in the ezsoy....to see if it throws just as well in the 416....that way I can compare a little better.

But I do really like this wax....and I am keeping my finger crossed...

HTH

Ok.... the 416 makes very good looking tarts. The tops can get ugly but it's really minimal if I pour when it's "cloudy" right before the "slush".

The cold throw is fair-good. I have not gone above 9% in fo and I have not used any additives. I heat to about 180* and add dye.... cool a bit and add fo (about 160*)...then cool till under 120* and pour.

The hot throw seems to be good. So far I tested amber Romance type (fair HT...but I think this one is naturally softer?), Storm watch (light HT), Vanilla Sugar cookies (med. HT), and Citrus Linen H20 (good HT).

I still have to test burn Caramel Apple and Witches Brew.....will probably do that tomorrow.

It almost seems like it takes a while to notice the HT with this wax. I am not sure if it's because the melt point is higher (if that even makes a difference?). Anyhow... the caramel apple and witches brew I used 10%fo.....so I will let you know how that goes.

HTH

Edited to add info about witches brew.....

Test burned witches brew (had the itch!!)....and of coarse this one throws like crazy...LOL .... it smells like dirt!! It's very "earthy". Awesome HT with this one....given me a headache. :)