Question Embedded Photos

Hi all

I have been doing embedded soaps and candles and soaps for a couple of years now but I use premade blank candles and soaps to do it. I make my own hurricanes (because I can't find them at a reasonable price) I would like to expand but don't know if I need to give credit to the manufacturers or even if it is allowed! Help...any advice appreciated

Mari

:confused: have been doing embedded soaps and candles and soaps for a couple of years now but I use premade blank candles and soaps to do it. I make my own hurricanes (because I can't find them at a reasonable price) I would like to expand but don't know if I need to give credit to the manufacturers or even if it is allowed! Help...any advice appreciated

I am new to posting to the boards

Mari

2098538_o.jpg

It wasn't a dumb question. I didn't really understand your question. Are you asking if you have to give credit to whomever manufactured the candles? If so, I wouldn't see why. I have no idea who manufactures some of the wicks that I use and I don't give them any credit. I buy and resell products such as tart burners, pillar holders, ect...no credit given.

Georgia

You got the gist of my question! I wouldn't want to slight anyone but I get my candles from a craft store and soap from a grocery store. I then embed them with photos or art and repackage. I was just nervous about doing it that way if I decided to go into shows

Mari

I see. Well, as long as you are not passing them off as your own hand crafted candles and soaps.

Craft shows (around here, anyway) won't accept anyone who doesn't make what they are selling. You aren't allowed to buy something, embellish it, and call it hand crafted.

Wow! I think they are very pretty.

:confused: have been doing embedded soaps and candles and soaps for a couple of years now but I use premade blank candles and soaps to do it. I make my own hurricanes (because I can't find them at a reasonable price) I would like to expand but don't know if I need to give credit to the manufacturers or even if it is allowed! Help...any advice appreciated

I am new to posting to the boards

Mari

2098538_o.jpg