GW 444, 464, lp 416 for tarts!!

I am going to try a new wax (or maybe 3!!) for making tarts.

I have done searches on all three waxes but haven't found many who have tried the lp 416 (and posted their results).

If you have used either of the 3 for tarts would you please let me know how the hot throw turned out, and the cure time needed? Please....

Any help would be great!!! Thank you... :smiley2:

I just ran a test for 416 on melts. I used chocolate molds plain small heart shapes. The throw is phenominal. I used Peaks cherry. I have them sitting on the counter in my kitchen. I have a huge kitchen and I can smell them on the other side and that is just the cold throw. It is a harder wax. Yes it does frost some but no big deal. I did notice you will have to use mold release on the molds to get them to fall out. It may be different for metal who knows. They don't melt in your hand like 444 and 464 would. I will use it again if the scent throw is this great but I used 15% fragrance load on it and no seapage or oiliness. I don't even think you need a cure time for this wax. It was instant throw from the get go. The hot throw was great too!! Email Kris from Gateway Foods and ask her for a sample. She will ship you 3lbs for free to try. I did like it better than the softer blends if that helps. If you look on GB website they list 416 strictly as a tart wax. The others are container blends.

Can I have the website addys? Searching for a good wax for tarts...Thanks!

It's soycandle.com or call gateway foods (use the search function to locate the thread with the phone number listed).

I should have my wax here today.... and then I will be a tart making lunatic!! And I will post my results :yay: