Quick Help With Salt Bars

Good morning!

I have been reading up on Salt Bars, studying each thread, etc. I was up till 4 am trying to find this info. Each recipe says to "make your soap as you would normally make cp" etc. Here is the part that confuses me is how much lye to calculate. If I am planning on using 1.5 pounds of CO oil and 1.5 pounds of salt, do I calculate the lye for 3 pounds of end product, or do I calculate the lye for the 1.5 pounds of oils. Might seem like a silly question to some, but you can't know unless you ask right? . My guess is calculate for the 3 pounds, but I want to make to sure before ruining a batch today. TIA!

I am definitely in love with these. The first batch of the day was a little crumbly, and that was with less than 35 minutes in the oven. I must have missed its gel too. I have another batch in there now.

Can you actually see the salt in yours too, or does it dissolve? I can see the salt in mine, but not scratchy. Very smooth.