Coffee Soap???????

mbrown

Hey Gang

I am interested in making some coffee soap but I don't know where to start. I have tried doing a search and could not come up with any useful info.

I have some coffee butter that I would like to add to the recipe but I don't know if I should take one of my recipes that I currently use and just add the coffee butter and coffee beans.

I have zero experience with coffee soap.

Any help is greatly appreciated. (recipe, instructions, link anything)

are you wanting to do MP or CP or what?

I have made scrubby coffee bars with a very fine espresso grind, and just a plain coffee soap with a coffee FO and a bit of espresso powder.. ALL MP. I haven't made a coffee CP yet. Just haven't had the desire to try it.

I am going to try this myself! I am using coffee for the liquid portion (cooled, of course) and I am going to use my coffee butter as my superfatting oil. I'm not going to scent this one or I would like to find some natural scent to throw in with it....what do you think? :)

I would sub out one of your butters for the coffee butter in your recipe and run it through the calc. You can also use coffee for your liquid and coffee grounds for exfoliation.

Thanks........this is the information I needed. I usually do all CP. Not much MP. Okay so I can just use one of my regular recipes as long as I run it through the soap calc.

I love the idea of using coffee for my liquid. I am going to try this in a couple of day.

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks........this is the information I needed. I usually do all CP. Not much MP. Okay so I can just use one of my regular recipes as long as I run it through the soap calc.

I love the idea of using coffee for my liquid. I am going to try this in a couple of day.

Help is very much appreciated.

I hope you are talking about CP. I don't do MP soaps so I don't have any experience there. But if you were referring to CP, that is what I was referring too. But even with MP, I'd think you could at least add coffee grinds. :smiley2:

Just wanted to mention that I finally got around to making my coffee soap today! I'm a little disappointed that the coffee scent really isn't coming out. I put a bit of vanilla FO in (was going to order cocoa absolute but couldn't wait to soap with that coffee butter) and it seems to be overpowering the soap. All I can do is wait and see! :waiting: