Questions on M&P

Sue W.

Hi Everyone, My melt and pour soap forms crystals approx. 3 weeks after I wrap it. Is there something I can do to prevent this. I wrap them 2 hours after they have set and hardened. Can anyone tell me if it is better to form bath bombs in a soap mold or a meat baller. If it is a meat baller where can I purchase one? Can you mix Goats Milk base and Opaque or Transparent together? How do you achieve those lovely swirl soaps I see on the forum using M&P. Thanks to all who respond, I appreciate the help.

Sue W.

So many questions, so little time.

I don't know about the crystals. I assume you mean it's "sweating" or it looks like a frost on your soaps. I've only had that happen to a couple of different soaps, which I attributed to the FO I was using, since I had others I made at the same time using a different FO that did not sweat.

I think some people attribute it to humidity. What are you wrapping your soaps in ? You might consider switching materials to see if that helps.

Honestly, where do you think you would be likely to find a meatballer--in the kitchen gadget dept. of any store like Target, Meijer, etc.

Yes, you can mix different m&p bases together with fine results.

As far as the swirls, I think it's kind of hard to do with m&p, but I know others have posted on it here. Maybe they will chime in, or you can do a search and see if you can find anything under "swirls"

Thanks Sockmonkey, I'll try your suggestions. I know it was a bit odd to ask where to find a meatballer but here in Ontario every kitchen store, dollar store, Dept. store thought I was crazy (they never heard of them). I guess I'll have to look in the States.

Thanks again,

Sue W.

I am not going to be much help with the questions because I havent run into crystal problems...

but I understand the Meatballer in ONtario issue... they are near impossible to find... try an Italian grocer, or bakery... they will at least know what you are talking about

Where abouts in Ontario are you?

I use clear plastic break apart molds for my bath balms hearts or circles

your can get them at craft stores or Canwax.com

for swirls I actually pour a thin 1 inch layer of colored soap and once it's hard I cut it up or shave it with a carrott peeler make sure that you keep these in the frigde before you use them or your over pour soap will melt them.

I wrap my soaps as soon as I unmold them no need to wait.. that will help with your other issues:highfive:

Check or Canwax.con there in Canada and they are great

If get a suspension base and pour it in the bottom of your mold, then get a reguar base (like I use WSP ULTRA WHITE) then pour that on the top and use a big stick to swirl it together. You have to pour both while they are still very hot the suspension base will suspend the swirls of the other base.

Does that make sense?