Powder dyes

Hi,

I have a couple of possible solutions you could try. Try melting just a small amount of stearic acid and add the powdered dye to that and mix it well, then add it to your wax. The straight stearic helps dissolve the dye. Another thing that works is to add your powdered dye right to your fragrance oil first and mix that up well til it dissolves, then add that to your batch. I love the powders cause they are the most concentrated and they go such a long way. HTH!

Just melt a little bit, maybe about the size of a quarter or so in the bottom of a pot. Just enough to dissolve the powdered dye in. This small amount of stearic shouldn't be enough to affect your wax formula noticeably, it just helps make the dye blend better :)

Yes, dye blocks are just powdered dye and steric if I remember right. The steric should be fine to use. You can make your own dye blocks also ya know some people do this since the powder dye is so strong. I like the idea of mixing the color with the fragrance oils even better. Bruce