Cracks after lighting

Hi,

I've tested CB Advanced for the first time now and the results after pouring/curing are very very good imo - smooth surface, excellent scent throw after only two days curing, BUT: after I have lit the candle cracks were showing around the wick - so what's this now??

Thanks for your answers,

Inez:(

The cracks were probably already there - it may even be the beginning of a sink hole (air pocket by your wick - under the surface). Try adding 2 to 5% of stearic and/or pour at around 130F (54C). When I used this wax adding 5% stearic was automatic for me.

Hi Inez,

I have been using this wax for about a year now. I have never added anything to it. The only time I had any "cracks", was when I poured too hot,cooled too fast, or the jars were too cold. And the cracks always showed up right away.

I have found that I have to adjust my pouring temps according to the weather ( right now when it is warm, I can pour warmer, ~125)

HTH

Hi,

How are your wetspots with this wax lately if I may ask? Thanks!

Hey Henry- They fluctuate, as usual, but most people don't notice them unless I point them out. I'd much rather have wetspots than frosting.It's great when the whole thing is one big wetspot...lol...lol. Sometimes I can hide them w/my label.

I am currently testing a mix of 50/50 CBA & 464. My first one had no wetspots at all. I'll keep you informed.