Just received my cookie cutters.. - a question please?

Okay, I'm incredibly excited because I just received some of my cookie cutters. I ordered a palm tree, a cowboy boot and a dolphin.

My question is....After I cut them (obviously while they are still warm), I then take them and put them inside the mold and kind of 'mold' them to the inside of the pillar right? So that it'll sit directly against the mold?

When I'm actually doing the pour, do I heat the outside of the mold either before or after pouring the wax? I noticed some of the pillars with the bears and such looked perfect, and I'm trying to figure out how the boot/tree/dolphin is NOT going to look/feel different than the pillar. Obviously I can't heat it too hot or the embed will melt.

If someone who has made these could give me a little direction I'd appreciate it. I bought these mostly for my sister. I think she'd LOVE to have a country looking candle with the cowboy boot in it.

I'm going to try one tomorrow, just because I'm too impatient to wait for instructions, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be as pretty as the ones I see here!

DanaE

I use the cutter more as a mold. Pouring directly into the cutter. Wait till its hard then release it. I use a heat gun to heat up the candle mold and stick in the embed. Then when I pour my wax I pour cool like at 150 and using a wet towel I hold it to the outside of the mold to keep the embed from sliding down. HTHs

Thank you! I would have never thought of actually sticking it to the mold before I began my pours. I thought I'd pour a layer or two, then stick it where I wanted it, then pour over that, etc. Actually sticking it to the mold before I even begin makes a lot of sense.

I can't wait to try it out! I'm going to make a tropical candle with the palm tree, and probably BnL's Autumn Harvest for the cowboy boot! I can't wait to unmold them....

DanaE