Advice on shrink wrapping, please.

We are preparing for the fall shows and would like to shrink wrap the 18-pack votive boxes that we have ready to go - the room we work in is musty and we don't want the cardboard boxes, nor the votives, to pick up the odor.

We do have an impulse sealer, but have not purchased the tubing as yet. Would it be ok to use the shrink wrap that you can purchase from Michaels or the Dollar store to use on these boxes. Is it easier/less expensive to buy the rolls or the bags? We are only going to have around 25 (we are using them for melts and votives), so I am not sure if it is a wise investment for us to order a whole roll of tubing at this point.

Thanks! Any advice is much appreciated!

Jane

Shrink tubing or bags would be best because you would have less seams and they are easier to work with..

For such a small amount of items to wrap the shrink wrap might be the best way for you right now. It is harder to work with and you need a hand held crimper (see attached photo) not the table top sealer.

Like me, you will most likely have to practice first to get the hang of it.

Here are some instructins on shrink wrapping. This demo uses bags or tubing where as with the wrap you would have to make you own bag first or wrap over the object then seal around the object. http://www.essencesupply.com/shrink/shrink.html

post-219-139458404787_thumb.jpg

I would go ahead with the investment for a roll of shrink wrap. I use an 18" I-Bar system with the 18" centerfold wrap an make my own tubes for tarts and votives. It's more econimical and versatile if you need to wrap larger items like gift baskets & votive sets. Paper Mart and Nasville Wraps both have pretty good prices.

Hope this helps and good luck with your shows!

Cindy

Thanks so much for the advice.

Can you tell me about how much the "crimper" is for the shrink wrap?

Rather than buying another tool for the shrink wrap, I wonder if I posted in the classifieds for a a few feet of tubing, if that would work.

Jane