Help me figure this out.

pamperme

...I use this stuff on my daughters hair for tangles..cause she is the TANGLE Princess..and I want to make this myself BUT with more of a conditioning type feel..what are these ingredients if you know..I know some of them but the others well..HELP Please!

Water(DUH!), Cetrimonium Choloride, Cyclomethicone(Got this), Sodium Styrene, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance(my fav ingredient:D ), Polysorbate 20

The Cetrimonium Chloride, I believe, is serving as an emulisfying conditioner. I think the sodium styrene is probably a co-polymer of sorts and the two of them together are probably what's holding the water and cyclo together because I was always under the impression the two wouldn't mix.

The polysorbate 20 will help the fragrance oil bind to the water. It's sometimes known as Tween 20.

You can probably make something just as good if not better than this by watering down her regular hair conditioner with water in a spray bottle and then just mist it on. The cyclo is just adding to the shine by smoothing the hair shaft....I'm sure that helps with the tangles, but too much cyclo and you can easily look like a grease ball. Ask me how I know. :)

The Herbarie . com has some great recipes for hair conditioners. You could always make one of those and then water it down.

but too much cyclo and you can easily look like a grease ball

yeah I used some in her hair several times before..and it looks like she has not washed it in months. EWW.. I think I might try watering down a conditioner a bit and give that a whirl.:undecided