1st batch - stuck in applesauce stage! - resolved

CareBear

OK, I've had this slimy mess that looks like applesauce for the last 45 minutes. Isn't it supposed to progress to something stiffer so I can get it into the molds?

It's in my crock pot on high.

I'm stirring, and stirring - and that thing throwa lot of heat. And I have to leave in an hour to pick up my son...

Is it high in olive oil? I had this problem yesterday.

Try stick blending it. If it mixes together, let it hang out another 30-45 minutes. If the stick blender makes little blender-shaped dents (wish I could describe it better), it's as good as it'll get. Take it off the heat and stir for a couple of minutes.

I almost thought my batch had riced but it was OO only - no scent at that point. It's fine today.

High? Well no, only about 90% LOL.

The SB pulled it together and it was nice and thick in about 30 seconds! Then I gobbed it into the molds and we're good to go!

Now, let's see... I just leave it in the molds till it's totally cool, right? then cut it and set it to "age" or whatever for a few weeks...

Right?

You got it. Glop, squish, and ignore.

I molded mine yesterday at 3:30 and I won't try to unmold until tonight or tomorrow. It's gonna be sticky. I'll unmold the drawer liners when the paper pulls away easily from the side of the mold. I also glopped some into a Milky Way just to play. I'm not exactly sure what to look for on that one. Every batch is an adventure!

They're technically usable now but they'll get nicer the longer they sit.