Colour faded

angel2211

I made bath salts with my kids early last week, Tonight my son went to put some of his in the bath and couldn't find them. He'd made purple bath salts and scented them lavender. But they had actually turned Turquoise. I had made some the week before with the same result but thought it was because i didn't actually mix the red with the blue properly so we did it this time but still they faded and went a very vibrant blue. I'd love to know what we did wrong so that we can correct it to make purple salts. But i also want to know what we did wrong so that i can find another fragrance to match the magnificent turqoise colour it went i'd love to use that colour when i get going. Any help would be great, ( and here we were thinking we were clever:highfive: )

Is lavender a particularly hard FO to work with. I made bath bombs they turned out perfect first go round did them for a week or so but every time i try to do it with lavender they wont form properly and just crumble. Was going to buy lavender from another source to see if it was just that particular bottle i had might not be a good quality one.

I think it would depend on the Fo..I use a medicinal smelling one..that I can no longer find..and I love the way it worked in my B&B stuff..now I am on the seach for a new one..I don't like the floral ones.

Things with vanilla in them can also mess with the color of your B&B stuff.