First CP last night......

gp125racer2

All,

My wife and I finally took the plunge last night after FINALLY finding a place where the lye was availabe.

I chose the millers sudsy all vegetable for my first pour, and decided not to mess with 'splitting' the recipe .. we ended up with a lot of soap!

Unfortunately, I tried a liquid dye, and the color is all but non existant. There were no directions on how much to se, and I obviously used too little LOL, so it looks a little ummm bland.

Ill be getting a mold real soon. The shoebox I used worked well, but cutting the bars consistently will be tough. So many choices out there!

I plan to let the soap cure for 3 - 6 weeks, but how long before I can sneak a sample and test it out myself ..... or do I really need to wait the full 3 - 6.

Thanks for all the info stored in the threads around here, it has helped us greatly!

-=gp125racer=-

First of all welcome to the addiction! I love that recipe that you used. It's a very good one.

I actually "use" my soap right away. Meaning I wash each bar to test the lather/bubbles and to smooth it out. But for use in the shower/bath you'd probably should wait a couple of weeks