cooling bandanas??

Veronica

I luv these things....I paid $5 a piece for mine from a lady at a craft show last year....they are the best things ever...great for mowing grass and doing yard work!!! I soak mine in ice water...shocks ya at first but is wonderful...they really really work! I've worn it for up to 2 hours without it getting too warm...just keep flipping it whenever it felt like it was warming to my temperature. then just poured some additional cold water on it or tossed in fridge for alittle to cool down!

and Macy they would go great on a softball or baseball field....the girls would only be allowed to wear them in the dugout due to uniform codes..but the parents would greatly appreciate them!!!

I am wondering if it matters about the size of the water crystals. I seem to have some really huge ones, they got almost the size of a grape so to speak. I have never made or used these before and keep meaning to make myself one when I'm out walking. I'll post what I find in using them. I can remember my mom bought one for my step-dad 20 years ago and she paid I think about $15.00 but I think they may have been harder to find than in todays time so $5.00 seems more appropriate.

you can even go one ebay and buy them for like $2 a piece....so maybe if you don't have time to make them...you could buy them from another person and then markup from there....

i just bought 10 from a lady on there as gifts to throw in the family's baskets at our 4th of July bash.....if I am happy with them I'll let you gals know...

I am wondering if it matters about the size of the water crystals. I seem to have some really huge ones, they got almost the size of a grape so to speak. I have never made or used these before and keep meaning to make myself one when I'm out walking. I'll post what I find in using them. I can remember my mom bought one for my step-dad 20 years ago and she paid I think about $15.00 but I think they may have been harder to find than in todays time so $5.00 seems more appropriate.

On the "watersorb" website you posted it said to use the medium size ones. They also sell them. I think it was 2 pounds for $15 and 5 pounds for $30. You only use about a tablespoon. I think I'll get a couple of pounds to play with.

• 2 weeks later...

Have anyone try making the cooling bandanas? I do not have a sewing machine so that will be a little difficult for me too try and make right now unless I get someone who has a sewing machine or serger to do it for me. I probably will do like candlefreak and buy some.

• 1 month later...

just thought I'd update on the ones that I bought from e-bay! If you are looking for plain fabrics, plain design I have the lady for you! I purchased from sewmagicjackie and hubby and all his work buddies love me!!! She has limited colors but they were pretty inexpensive ($2 a piece with cheap shipping!!!!!! - which could easily be marked up to $5 or more if it is hot enough!! - like today!) If you are interested it is worth a shot!