cutting soap

Jooniper

I have been using a plastic square mold ....kinda a make shift mold from something I recylcle from the hospital where I work.. They make great disposable molds and can withstand the lye. I can occasionally use it a couple of times....my thing is cutting the bars straight!! Does anyone have a FOOL proof method of making even and somewhat uniform bars? For the most part it is like cutting brownies. Most people I give the soap to do not care but I may be interested is selling them one day. I can invest in an actual mold and have a log mold but why change a good thing if I can come up with a way to cut them?? Anyone?? Thanks!

I have used a quilting mat to measure soap slices and to help me keep my cutter straight. The mats are intended to help with cutting fabric so they are ruled on all 4 sides and have grid lines. I just line up a straight edge of my soap square with one of the grid lines, score the top with a long knife at each grid line for the size I want, and cut. My square bars are usually pretty square :rolleyes2 HTH

I am cutting impaired! Have a slab mold that I use only to do my {attempted} swirls in. Have this long cutting knife, but what happens is that I always manage to cut on an angle. What finally helped me a lot is I balance a level on top of the cutting knife...it has a wooden bar at the top!