Dry Flo

mbrown

I just wanted to know if anyone out there can help me understand why Dry Flo is so expensive?

From what I understand it is modified corn starch. I can buy a box of corn starch from the grocery store for about $2 and I went on WSP site and the dry flow is $10.25 for 1.50lbs. WHY?

I would like to try using the dry flow but i'm not so sure because of the cost. If anyone out there can tell me where I can find it cheaper. HELP!

my guess is 1.50lbs is a Lot of Dry Flo. this stuff is really light i only got the sample from some ware but it feels like it weights nothing and is like a quart size container.you could call and ask about what size the container is. she could tell you about how large it is. i have not used it enough to no if it is any better than corn starch.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there can help me understand why Dry Flo is so expensive?

From what I understand it is modified corn starch. I can buy a box of corn starch from the grocery store for about $2 and I went on WSP site and the dry flow is $10.25 for 1.50lbs. WHY?

I would like to try using the dry flow but i'm not so sure because of the cost. If anyone out there can tell me where I can find it cheaper. HELP!

hmmmm i think wsp is spendy...i got it for less than 6 for a lb. I use it in my cosmetics & fairy dust.

cannot seem to find the site (yes, I'm sure it should be easy, but I just cannot) to request samples. You have the link? thanks, Carol

Okay.......You made me put my thinking cap on early this morning. Sometimes it takes a minute to get my brain juices flowing for day.

When I ordered it yesterday I did not keep the site but I was able to find it again. Here it is: http://www.foodinnovation.com/product.asp?search=prod

Click on the container where says order sample on the left side of the page and it will take you to where you will input your info. Hope it works. If not let me know.

I got samples from them before.. WHEWWWW they are a heafty size sample..I got dry flo AF, structure LX I think it is(I am at work not sure) and another type of dry flo have not used any of them yet. They are bigger than a regular box of cornstarch you get at the store. The containers are nice clear with a white lid.. so if I ever use this stuff I could reuse the container for something.

If it is just like cornstarch why does it say it is hazardous on the container? Just wondering. I guess if inhaled? :sad2:

Well, I know that flour and stuff, if fine enough and it's up in the air (like it gets in factories/plants) can

1) get in your lungs (ick)

2) actually become flammable, possibly explosive

but the details should be on the MSDS which I'm sure they sent with it.

Rachel, when you get home can you check with ones you got? I'm having trouble deciding....

Sure..I have the MSDS as well will have to look at them..I just that everything is in Chemical lingo which I have a hard time understanding..so I will have to research it a bit more.

I will let you know tonight what I got.