An orney question...

I have already used the search feature and could not find what I am seeking.

My question: how well do these work as a car fresheners? Do they hold up well in the heat of a closed car?

I have done the preseed paper ones from Bell and Company Traders and really like them but have not found packaging that suits me. So I may try something new.

Blessings,

Don

Hi!

I absolutely love ornies. I live in Arizona (where at 8am it is currently 98 degrees out). The scent usually (at least for me) lasts about 2 weeks, sometimes longer depending on the scent used, and so far...they haven't warped or melted...we'll see how they last when it's 118 out in a few weeks. I use elastic cording to hang them over the rearview mirror. They're super fun to make, give them a try :)

Hope this helps!

D

Hi,

If you are talking about the ones you use the beads to melt down in a cookie cutter, I have never made any but have purchased from two different people and to be honest I could not smell either of them when I had them hanging in my truck. That is why I decided to stay with the ones I get from Bell and Company Traders. I still have the ornie hanging in my truck from last summer just for decoration and it never melted. They way the two I purchased where packaged was in a flat cello bag with a fold over bag topper. I do make sachet bags out of the beads and have put one under my car seat and could smell it then but I still like the ones from Bell and Company better for car fresheners.

Donna B.

Don. I make ornies from the beads and love them. Had nothing but compliments from my customers. In VA the last 6 to 8 weeks in the fall, winter and spring and about 4 weeks in the summer. I make mine pretty thick and have never had a problem. Use a gold elastic cord I get from Michaels in the jewelry section.

What I love is you are only limited by your imagination as far as colors and shapes go. Of course I now have a huge box of cookie cutters. Love making fish, lighthouses with sea breeze, palm trees with asian sandalwood, apples with MacApple, etc.

Go for it.

Sharyl