Photo display help

I need help. :( I have some B&B items, potpourri and some candles that I need to photograph to put on my website. They are primitive style. I have NO idea what to use as a background for pictures. I know that a photo is the real seller on the internet. ANy suggestions would be GREATLy appreciated. Thank you!

I don't have any of those things. I do have a huge old cheese box (a round one) and several of the smaller (velveeta size) wood cheese boxes, an old coffee grinder, some cutter quilts...that's about it. I am concerned about how to display them so that my walls or kitchen, etc. don't show in the background. I hate taking pictures. :(

I don't have any of those things. I do have a huge old cheese box (a round one) and several of the smaller (velveeta size) wood cheese boxes, an old coffee grinder, some cutter quilts...that's about it. I am concerned about how to display them so that my walls or kitchen, etc. don't show in the background. I hate taking pictures. :(

make sure you dont have too much going on...too busy of a background, it will take away from your products. How about just a plain background like white or black from felt, fabric etc... to make your items pop? Or how about a nice soft print sheet something very suttle & then put boxes under it to create demention and different levels for your products to sit on. how how about a plain background and maybe some flower pots like terricota and putting them upright, on their sides very simple & just a slight added feature to your products.

Can you throw a quilt over a door for a backdrop and scoot a table up against the door to shoot your stuff? You might pull some dandelions or other flowers from your yard to place them around your items or in put them in old jar or small vase next to your stuff.

I've seen people take pictures of their soaps out around a creekbed, which looks nice.