Bath Bomb 1st timer...

This afternoon I tried my 1st attempt at making bath bombs, lmbo. I am glad u experts weren't a fly on the wall to watch. I was very anxious and could not find a meatballer anywhere in my town. I have to drive 30 minutes or so. So I bought a 2.00 large ice cream scoop and tried making half bombs. Some of them turned out okay. Some of them cracked. I think I should have had hubby remove the thing that you normally push to remove ice cream, although I didn't push it. I am going to let them dry and see what happens. Any comments on where to get a meatballer? I am not sure I would know how to use it, lol. I also thought about a mold. I saw some square bombs here on the board. Do you let them dry before removing them from this mold? I will get back to making them when I get some more citric acid. I will post pics. My batteries are dead in camera....:angry2:

I take mine out of the mold right after I form them. Put a piece of wax paper over the mold, then a piece of cardboard or a cookie sheet. Flip the whole thing over and lift off the mold. As for a meat-baller, someone just listed a link for one from ebay. Not sure if this is the same link, but here's one http://cgi.ebay.com/Meat-Ball-Maker_W0QQitemZ4318344701QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I use a nice round measuring spoon (TBSP) as a mold to make half balls, even use measuring cups without spouts. ANYTHING works, especially for getting your recipe "just so"

Good luck! I'm still figuring it all out myself!